Thursday, October 4, 2007

Why this book took two years plus in the making.

It has been exactly two years and one month since I seriously started writing this book. I chose the title “Help! I Married a Cartoon Character” and decided on the form of my name Liz Lally as my author name. Over the last two years I changed the title three times. I have gone through a whirlwind of emotions while writing this book. I would write a story and that story would trigger memories and I would go off on a tangent. Then I would write another story and it would send me off writing in another direction on another tangent. I finally had enough material for three books. I kept changing the title to accommodate the tangents that I went down. Finally I needed to regroup so I went over the book with Lora and Maureen and they helped me get back on track. So I came full circle and am back with my title “Help! I Married a Cartoon Character” and Liz Lally as my author name.
I arranged the material that I wrote over the past two years into three categories:
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. This book is The Good!

No comments: