Sunday, October 14, 2007

Promoting my book, business cards again.

While I’m waiting to hear from my publisher, Tom printed out some more business cards. I decided to try this approach to sell my book one more time. We went to the local tavern and ran into a few friends. They asked, “How is your book coming along?” So this was my cue to pass out the business cards. Someone approached me that overheard our conversation and was very interested in my book so I talked to her for about twenty minutes and gave her a business card.
Yesterday I ran into a friend and gave her a card and said, “Check out my Blog.” She said, “What’s a Blog?” I still haven’t figure out how this Blog will sell books. Then I ran into a classmate at the grocery store and she was on her way to a party so she took some cards to pass out. However, she said, “I don’t do the computer or E- mail just call me when your book is published.” So she won’t be checking out my web page or Blog. Maybe the web site and blog isn’t the way to promote my book. However, Tom thinks this is the way to go. I think there are many people who don’t use the computer or E-mail out there.Tom won’t give out a card unless it comes up in a conversation so he hasn’t given out any cards yet. In his circle of friends who is going to say, “Hey is anyone’s wife publishing a book?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wabt to be the first to answer your blog....keep this going...it willhelp sell the book...maybe not in Sharpsville, but elsewhere